You are required to read through the terms and conditions given below and agree to the guidelines stated therein, prior to applying to volunteer for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2012.
- To register as a volunteer, you must be 18 years of age and above as on 1st January 2012.
- All volunteers shall abide by the rules and regulations and participate as a volunteer in the AIRTEL DELHI HALF MARATHON 2012 and shall not hold the Promoter, event sponsors, appointed officials or staff responsible for any mishaps injury or loss of life whatsoever that may occur in the course of, or as a result of his/her participation in the event.
- You must ensure that information and details provided in your resume and the volunteer registration form are correct.
- You need to submit the following documents, along with the volunteer registration form -
- 2 copies of your latest passport sized photographs,
- Photocopy of your proof of residence & which is also an ID (eg: passport/PAN card/driving license/election card/ ration card).
- your updated resume.
- You are required to certify that you are physically fit to volunteer for the event.
- Information on briefing dates and related key dates will be intimated to you on the email address provided.
- You must be able to commit to the time schedules provided on the website and as may be intimated to you at the time of interview. Briefings are mandatory and attendance will be taken, as important and useful information will be briefed. Details on the briefing sessions will be provided to you via email but are subject to change. A reminder call will be made to you prior to training or briefing sessions.
- You will be allocated your preferred roles as far as possible, related experience or special skills will be taken into consideration. However, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate positions should the need arise.
- Registering yourself as a volunteer implies that you have confirmed your availability for the full duration required of that role.
- You are advised to immediately update the Promoter of any changes in your contact details, if any.
- If you wish to withdraw from the event, you must inform the Promoter of your intention by phone or email at least 3-days prior to briefing session.
- There will be a face-to-face interview for the shortlisted volunteers.
- You can select your interest work areas, however the final role assigning will be done post interviews.
- The Promoter reserves the right to limit and/or refuse you volunteering for the event.
- You are required to report punctually at the times as may be intimated by the Promoter.
- You are strongly encouraged to keep the contact details of your leaders for emergency purposes.
- For your own safety, you are strongly advised to wear covered shoes on all days.
- You are not allowed to wear branded apparel on working days that may conflict with the Event sponsors.
- You are required to wear the volunteer t-shirt (provided) and accreditation pass at all times while on duty. Accreditation passes are non-transferrable and gives you access only to areas where you are required to perform your duties.
- Volunteer t-shirts are to be kept clean and your appearance must be neat.
- No volunteer is permitted to remove or make copies of any documents pertaining to the event without prior approval of the organising team.
- Release of any confidential information to unauthorised persons can result in dismissal from duty and legal proceedings against you.
- You will receive one official volunteer t-shirt if you work a single day and maximum of two official volunteer t-shirts should you work more than a single day. If you volunteer for more than two days, you are expected to reuse the two t-shirts provided to you. This decision shall be left to the discretion of the Promoter.
- Other entitlements with respect to food allowance, travel and accommodation shall be discussed and finalized at the time of information.
- Post event, you will be awarded certificate of participation for having volunteered at the event. Volunteers displaying exceptional performance/contribution will be additionally issued a recommendatory letter; issuance of such letter is at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- If you do not fulfill the required full duration of your duties, you may not be reimbursed and may not be entitled to the volunteer certificate of participation. This includes leaving early and/or arriving late. Should there be valid reasons; the Promoter reserves the right to decide your entitlements on a case by case basis.
- The address of all email communication with respect to volunteering at the AIRTEL DELHI HALF MARATHON 2012 is email@example.com
- The Promoter reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of volunteers for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- The Promoter reserves the right to dismiss a volunteer from his/her duties based on any of the following behaviors or more:
- Dishonesty (including but not limited to provision of false information during registration)
- Theft case (including but not limited to stealing of runners' entitlements/ souvenirs) will be referred to the police
- Absenteeism (including but not limited to absence of duty without informing respective leaders or the Promoter)
- Insubordination (willingly and purposefully not following instructions/ disobedient behaviour)
- Inappropriate behaviour
- The organising team intends to provide a volunteer environment that is pleasant, healthy, comfortable and free from intimidation, hostility or other offenses, which might interfere in the course of the volunteer experience. All harassment offences of any sort will not be tolerated and should be reported to your respective leaders or the Promoter immediately.
- Volunteers who are dismissed based on the above reason(s) and/or reasons that the Promoter deems unacceptable may be blacklisted and not allowed to volunteer for future Event.
- It is important to note that volunteers who come in contact with journalists or the media in general will play a vital role in creating a positive impression.
- Volunteers are required to:
- Refrain from providing any information that may be deemed confidential or reserved for the sole knowledge of the event organising team,
- Promptly refer the query/matter to the event PR team media or alternatively at the Event media centre at the event venue.
- You are encouraged to:
- Provide feedback on your volunteer experience or suggestions for improvement to your respective leaders or the Promoter.
- Complete the volunteer feedback form that will be made available on the day of duty and return it to your leaders upon completion.
- Volunteers are to be aware of your own safety.
- If you are injured while on duty, please contact the nearest medical base camp/ station (all volunteers stationed along the course are to obtain medical station facility in case of emergency).
- All injuries need to be reported to your leader and subsequently should be relayed to the race day helpline number.
- In cases of serious accidents or injuries involving the public, fellow officials on site should be able to assist you in contacting the emergency services. DO NOT MOVE the victim if you suspect a head, neck or spinal injury. Keep the victim away from any danger (i.e. incoming traffic or runners) until help arrives. If you are equipped with the necessary skills, administer first aid as required. If you are unsure, allow someone who is trained in first aid to assist the victim and wait for the emergency services to arrive.
- If you are approached by the media inquiring about an accident, you are to refer them to the event media centre and to withhold from giving any information directly.
CONDUCT AND DRESS CODE
DISMISSAL OF VOLUNTEERS
DEALING WITH THE MEDIA