Fund raising through the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon, is encouraged through pledges. Pledges are donations/contributions received from friends, family, and colleagues in support of the charity/cause chosen by the fund raiser.
Raising funds for a cause is simple. Remember, you are not asking money for yourself.
- Select a cause close to your heart.
- Empower yourself on the work done by your selected charity - call them, visit them.
- Involve everybody you can - it's a good reason to reach out to just about everyone you know!
- Plan your communication - phone, sms, email, blog, social networking sites, host tiny events at home, office, amongst friends.
- Every rupee you collect will make a difference!
United Way of Mumbai has devised a Pledge Kit, with the help of which you can raise pledges for your charity.
Pledge kits will be available at UWM and online from August onwards.
Pledge raisers can also create their own online giving pages and send links to friends, family and acquaintances, appealing for their donations. To create online giving page, the pledge raiser has to log on to United Way of Mumbai's website .
The last date to receive pledges by UWM is 4th January 2014.
We Care runner is an individual who raises pledges of any amount and runs in support of an NGO or cause they choose. Donations amounts can be raised with the help of pledge/ fundraising kits. We Care runners can raise funds with the help of the fundraising kit which can easily be downloaded
WE CARE STARS
A new initiative for this edition, individuals who raise above Rs 50,000 for any cause are eligible to get personalized running number bib. This is subject to the submission of pledges/donation before 30th December, 2013 to United Way of Mumbai.