Marathon and Half Marathon Race Categories
Registrations for the marathon and half marathon race categories will be accepted till 10th November 2012 or until running places are filled, whichever is earlier. In order to apply for either of the categories, you must have fulfilled the following criteria:
- Must have participated in an event conducted in past 24 months preceding to race day, i.e. 20th January 2013, which has been ratified/recognised by AIMS or conducted under the aegis of your state/district athletics association or sports control board,
- The running events mentioned in the link: http://www.timingindia.com/calendar.php are also recognised by us and its timing can be used to qualify for Marathon and Half Marathon race categories. (excluding relay race / events)
- Submitted your timing certificate (a photocopy) acquired by you at the events mentioned above along with your application form,
- To be eligible for this confirmation criterion, you need to have participated and completed your run in the timings specified below:
Race Category Men Women Marathon (42 kms) 7 hrs 7 hrs 30 min 25 km 3 hrs 30 min 3 hrs 45 min Half Marathon (21.097 kms) 3 hrs 15 min 3 hrs 30 min 15 km 2 hrs 2 hrs 15 min 10 km 1 hr 30 min 1 hr 40 min
Your entry for marathon and half marathon race categories will be confirmed based on the following -
- Verification of valid timing certificate submitted by you,
- Verification of documents, where applicable, submitted by you,
- Verification of your application's eligibility under each criterion,
- Availability of running spaces under each category and
- Entry Rules and Guidelines.
Women's Quota: To encourage women applicants' participation, there are a limited number of running places reserved for women applicants who cannot submit a timing certificate or do not fall within the timings mentioned above.
Charity Running Places: NGO's registered with the Event's official charity partner, United Way of Mumbai, have been allotted limited charity running places which can be availed of by applicants who do not fall within the timed runner criteria or the women's quota. These running places will be available with the respective NGO's at a premium. If you wish to know about the charity running places, log on to www.procamrunning.in/scmm, United Way of Mumbai will get in touch with you on or before 20th August 2012.
Confirmed applicants of Marathon & Half Marathon race categories who have provided the required timing certificates along with their application forms, will be eligible for priority line up on race day within the line-up area in their respective timing sections, based on the finish times given in the submitted timing certificates:
|Race Category||Line Up Area Segregation|
|Section A||Section B||Section C|
|Marathon||Under 4 hrs||4 hrs to under 6 hrs||6 hrs & above|
|Half Marathon||Under 2 hrs||2 hrs to under 3 hrs||3 hrs & above|
- Please note there is no group registrations possible in Marathon and Half Marathon race categories
- One representative can submit up to 10 individual application forms only.
- A duly filled application form needs to be submitted with a copy of Govt. issued photo ID proof, i.e. either passport, driving licence, PAN card, Election card or Aadhaar card.
- Marathon and Half Marathon confirmed participants are required to visit the expo individually to collect their running BIB and timing chip. In case of unavoidable circumstances, a participant can send his/her representative to collect running number bib and timing chip on his/her behalf. Please note, a representative will NOT be allowed to collect running number bib and chip on behalf of more than ONE Marathon or ONE Half Marathon runner.
- Line-up section cannot be changed post receiving entry confirmation from SCMM registration team.
Please go through all details mentioned in the event rules and guidelines prior to submitting your application.