We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
Fund raising through the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon, is encouraged through pledges. Pledges are donations/contributions received from friends, family, and colleagues in support of the charity/cause (coming soon) chosen by the fund raiser.
Raising funds for a cause is simple. Remember, you are not asking money for yourself.-
- Select a cause close to your heart.
- Empower yourself on the work done by your selected charity - call them, visit them.
- Involve everybody you can - it's a good reason to reach out to just about everyone you know!
- Plan your communication - phone, sms, email, blog, social networking sites, host tiny events at home, office, amongst friends.
- Every rupee you collect will make a difference!
United Way of Mumbai has devised a Pledge Kit, with the help of which you can raise pledges for your charity. This is available on www.unitedwaymumbai.org.
Pledge raisers can also create their own online giving pages and send links to friends, family and acquaintances, appealing for their donations. To create online giving page, the pledge raiser has to log on to www.unitedwaymumbai.org.
The last date to receive pledges by UWM is 25th January 2013.